Tuesday 9 January 2018

Piggy Wedding - DigiStamp Boutique DT

Hello :o)

Anyone familiar with my blog might know that I make a piggy birthday card each year, for my mum to give to her friend (who loves pigs... it's not some sort of insult lol).  That friend married her partner at the weekend, and of course my mum wanted a piggy themed card... now, funnily enough, it's not easy to find pig themed wedding images!  I mean really, what bride wouldn't want pigs on her wedding card?


So... I found two sweet pigs in the Lil Piggy Valentine set from DigiStamp Boutique, and merged them to create one image... t'was the best I could do!  The piggies are coloured with copics, with Nuvo clear sparkle pen on the hearts and flower.  The papers are old ones from LOTV (now retired), heart banner is a La-La Land die, shaped frame die is from a Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities set, flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, a very old leaf punch, plus ribbon and gems from my stash.

I'm entering my card for the following challenges
Animal Friends - new beginning
Crafty Catz - anything goes + optional sparkle
MAWTT - flowers

Also, in case you haven't already spotted it, there is now a Clear Stamp Boutique in the DigiStamp Boutique store!  Perfect for all those who prefer a real stamp... there's a lovely little selection on there already, and more will be launched soon.  I have some in my inky little mitts, so I shall be playing with those very soon!

It was Dex's 10th birthday yesterday, but all our plans went out the window because my mum was taken to hospital with a suspected heart attack.  She'd had what she thought was a cold for a couple of days, went to her friend's wedding and started to feel more poorly, but still just thought it was a bug.  On Sunday she started vomiting, but still thought it was a bug... when she had some chest pains and pins & needles in her arms and legs her husband insisted on an ambulance.  Still, nobody really thought it was a heart attack, but they've been treating it as one while they did all the necessary tests... anyway, she had an angiogram today and it turns out it was a heart attack!  She's had a stent put in, and we're off to see her this evening.

Thanks for popping in, hope you have a lovely evening xx

16 comments:

Chris said...

Lisa I hope your Mum's ok...what a nasty shock for everyone, just goes to show you can't be too careful getting things checked!
Brilliant piggy wedding card, bet it made your Mum's friend smile!
Chris
x

Janis Lewis said...

So cute! Thanks for joining us at Moving Along with the Times.
Janis, Design Team Member

Annette said...

On no. I hope your mum is ok sweetie. Fingers crossed she's alright now that they know what it is. I do love your piggie card hun, very creative as I can imagine it's not easy to find such images! xx

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Ooooo....that really is just the fabbest pig card ever. So pretty, so stunning, so fun! Love it and hope they did too...

Hope the visit to see your Mum went ok and she's bouncing back already...gently of course...Sally-Ann xx

Wendy L said...

Super sweet card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

Liz said...

What a super card, perfect for a pig fan.
Hope your Mum makes a speedy recovery. xx

Dreja said...

Eine ganz zauberhafte Karte.
Danke daß du bei den Animal Friends mitmachst.
LG Dreja

Janette said...

Hope your mum is doing well, thank goodness they sent for an ambulance...best wishes to her Lisa....x
Your card is just lovely and thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week...xx

Lilly said...

An absolutely gorgeous card - thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Catz. I hope your mum makes a speedy recovery. Lilly (GDT)

Sarah said...

What a brilliant card for a lover of all things piggy (I have a huge collection of pigs actually...sadly never a real one though!!) I bet she loved it. Hope your Mum is doing well, what a horrid shock for you all xx

Lorraine said...

Oh gosh, how scary! I hope your Mum is on the mend and soon home.
Your piggy card is very cute, love the pretty papers and layout
Lorraine x

Debra K. said...

How awful! Your poor mum. I have heard women often have 'silent' heart attacks where the symptoms are nothing like you expect them to be. I hope your mum has a speedy recovery.
Poor Dex too, having that happen on his Birthday, it must have upset him having her so poorly. Happy Belated Birthday Dex!
Fabulous card Lisa! A wonderful design for a piggy wedding card. I'm sure the couple were thrilled with it. Debra x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

An Adorable card made special with the thought put into it.

I hope your Mum is now better after her treatment and the shock of it all, for the family too.
Faith
x

Jules said...

Hi Lisa

So sorry to read about your Mum .. .. I hope she is on the mend now and being looked after well.

What a shock and worry for everyone.

Love your piggy wedding card .. .. I have had some strange requests in my time but never one like this LOL!!

Take care.

Love Jules xx

An Occasional Genius said...

I hope your Mum is doing well Lisa, such a shock for you all. Well done on a gorgeous card from a funny request lol! xx

seelenvoll kreativ said...

Deine Karte ist soooo süß! Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Animal Friends Challenge. LG Karina