Wednesday 20 April 2016

All white sympathy...

Hello everyone :o)

I nearly didn't bother showing this one, as I just couldn't get a photo that showed the details... white cards are so hard to photograph.  The light box was no good, so I ended up setting up near the window in the craft room, which worked better... maybe I'll try this set up for my other cards, it'd be easier than getting the light box out every time anyway!


I've got some old Bazill Basics templates that come in very handy whenever I need a butterfly trail.  They're just sheets with holes in the shape of different swirls and patterns... I pencil a dot through each hole, remove the template, then add 'pearls' over the top with a pearl pen.

Items Used
Butterfly die - possibly x-cut (magazine freebie I think)
Sentiment - Sweet Little Sentiments - Clearly Besotted
(stamped in Memento Ink in Espresso Truffle)
Viva Pearl pen in Ice White
Corner rounder punch
Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap (for the edges)

I'm entering my card for the following challenges
Everybody Art - white

Off for a little catch up with your blogs, as I don't seem to have found much blogging time so far this week.  Thanks for popping in, hope you have a lovely evening :o)

15 comments:

Sarah said...

Really like this one Lisa, perfect for a condolence card, glad you decided to share it!! xx

Unknown said...

A simply beautiful card. I need one of those Bazill Basics templates! Karen x

Lorraine said...

Simply gorgeous.
Lorraine x

Kelly Lloyd said...

This is beautiful. Love these wow cards x

Carole Pollard said...

So elegant I love white on white always looks fabulous love and hugs Carole x

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Lisa. I always admire white cards but I have yet to make one. Love the idea of he template for your pearl swirl.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Liz said...

A beautiful white card, so elegant. Thanks for the tip about the using the template for the butterfly trail. I've got some of these templates, I just need to find out where I can get a pearl pen. :-) xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Beautiful Lisa! So elegant and understated. Perfect for a sympathy card. Love the pearly trail. Hugs, Wends x

Debra K. said...

Simply beautiful! Just right for a sympathy card. That template sounds a brilliant idea I wonder if they still make them? Debra x

Debs said...

So perfectly beautiful and elegant Lisa.
Love the tip for the pearl swirl.
Debs xx

An Occasional Genius said...

Absolutely beautiful Lisa & just perfect for those sad occasions xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful x

Petra said...

Hallo Lisa
Wooow what a beautiful card...so elegant realy wonderful.
Hugs Petra

Heather said...

A beautiful card Lisa, I do love the whhite on white, a lovely design along with beautiful butterfly!!


hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for playing along with <a href="http://everybody-art-challenge.blogspot.co.uk>Everybocy Art Challenge</a>.

coldwaters2 said...

Lisa this is quite simply beautiful, classy and elegant an awesome creation
hugs
lorraine x